Location: Oakville, ON
www.adventis.ca is looking for a PSW Supervisor to closely monitor the provision of all personal support and services for the clients.Responsibilities
- Closely monitor the provision of all personal support and homemaking services for the clients of the company, and thus ensure all such services are consistently delivered to the highest standard of care for the Supportive Housing (residential tower only) and SDL programs.
- Through regular training and guidance of frontline staff, and inspection of work for quality assurance, PSW Supervisor plays a vital role in addressing client health need. This allows clients of the company to remain in their own homes with dignity, and/or helps achieve MH LHIN goals including ALC/ED reduction, Hospital LOS reduction and LTC diversion.
- Ensures personal support and homemaking services are delivered in a manner which aligns with the Mission, Vision and Values of the company.
- Ensures all PSW and Homemaking staff understand their responsibilities with respect to maintaining client confidentiality, with particular regard for any personal health information that may be available or obtained while performing their duties.
- Assignment of shift cards and/or duty outlines to scheduled and appropriate frontline staff to address the needs and preferences of each client, as identified in the clinical assessment protocols (CAPs).
- Ensures work by frontline staff, as well as client’s living conditions, are regularly inspected for safety and service quality, including planned and/or random spot checks in client’s homes, as may be the case.
- Maintains communication with suppliers, ensuring all necessary equipment is in stock and readily accessible for use by staff, such as linens and environmental chemicals as needed.
- Ensures all tasks stipulated on shift cards and duty outlines are effectively communicated, and completed as described. Task schedules are to be reviewed prior to each frontline staff shift.
- On occasion, will be required to fairly re-distribute tasks and assignments amongst scheduled frontline staff due to unexpected absence or staff education events.
- Deals with any illness and/or vacation related absences by frontline staff by finding appropriate replacements to meet staffing requirements and/or revising shift cards.
- Keeps accurate records of employee sick time, and shift changes.
- Assists in developing and improving operating procedures and standards for the Client Services Department.
- Participates in the orientation and training of new frontline staff, documenting progress.
- Addresses and documents frontline staff concerns, informing the Manager of Direct Client Services of any urgent matters immediately.
- Documents any inappropriate behaviours and performance issues, and reports them to the Manager of Direct Client Services.
- Ensures all proper documentation is in place for any work-related incidents pertaining to violence or accident (WSIB, Violence in the Workplace, Accident/Incident reports, etc.)
- Effectively communicates with fellow PSW Supervisors and Manager regarding workload and daily activities; attends PSW Report; liaises with Client Service Coordinators regarding urgent client-related issues.
- Participates in committees, seminars, conferences as requested by the Manager of Direct Client Services.
- Attends meetings, training sessions and workshops as required.
- Ensures a working environment free from discrimination and harassment, where the dignity and differences of all are respected.
- Due to the nature of the work, the responsibilities and duties of all the company staff positions may change to best suit the needs of the organization and its clients, at any time.
- Ability to adapt to changes within the work environment.
- Familiarity with labour laws, WHMIS, Fire Safety, and OH&S.
- Basic computer and organizational skills.
- Minimum 2 years of PSW experience in a health care setting, with training and/or supervisory experience.
Scope of Duties (Judgment/Accountability)
- Judgment is used in the assessment of service quality, and in reassigning services to frontline staff, as needed, to appropriately address client need. It is the obligation of each PSW Supervisor to exercise this same judgment when interacting with clients, family members, staff and other stakeholders in the community in order to best represent the organization and advocate for the client.
- Under the authority of the Manager of Direct Client Services, PSW Supervisor will be accountable for informing their decisions and actions so as to ensure alignment with the Mission, Vision and Values of the company. Measurable outcomes such as client satisfaction, regulatory compliance, and achieving organizational goals will all form part of evaluation of the position.
- Integral to the position is the demonstrated capacity to effectively deal with unforeseen circumstances which may arise during the provision of care for any client. This includes the ability to act and make decisions on behalf of clients or staff in distress, and assume the responsibility for doing so. Responsibility for these decisions ultimately lies with the Manager, who will provide any necessary support and encouragement, and can be consulted if needed.
Consequence of Errors
- The safety and security of clients and staff are paramount. Any actions taken that negatively affect safety and security, or place clients/staff at undue risk, must be reported. Failure to do so will result in disciplinary action.
- This position requires the PSW Supervisor to work in an often hectic environment, which may prove stressful. It is important that staff respect break times, and communicate with their manager regarding any concerns they may have.
- 24/7 availability, working either 12 hours day shifts or 12 hour night shifts.
- Completion of PSW Certification, or equivalent.
- Completion of PSW Supervisory Training, or equivalent.
You must quote Job #1925 on all related correspondence.
Full Job List
Adventis Company Website