Location: Cobourg Area
www.adventisnuclearpersonnel.com is looking for an Operations Specialist that works closely with the technical unit to provide project leadership and coodinate assigned project activities.Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Senior Technical Unit Section Head, the Operations Specialist is responsible for assigned work in the MPF in accordance with the MPF Facility Authorization document and references therein, compliance programs, and applicable facility and company-wide procedures / processes.
Specifically, the Operations Specialist, MPF Reports to the Senior Technical Unit Section
Head and assists the Manager, MPF (Facility Authority) in management matters and, on occasion, participates in high-level meetings with
other CRL departments, regarding services provided; and SRC and CNSC Project Officer.
Works closely with the Senior Technical Unit Section Head to:
- provide project leadership and coordination of assigned project activities.
- provide required technical support for operations.
- identify potential improvements to facility processes, operations, and equipment,
- Understand facility improvement processes and prioritize work activities to support them.
Carries out technical tasks including:
- providing leadership in coordinating and completing assigned technical projects.
- assembling a project team and directing the work of team members.
- securing external and internal resources to execute the project.
- establishing and controlling the project scope and managing the risks.
- managing and reporting on project performance to MPF management and other stakeholders.
- conduct technical project meetings effectively and in accordance with the Conduct of Operations.
- prepare project plans, schedules, and other documentation as required according to procedures.
- ensure trades support is provided and scheduled for assigned projects.
- interact with operations staff and facility activities in performing technical projects.
- employ event free tools in daily tasks and ensure those under supervision do the same.
- oversee purchasing of materiel required for technical projects.
- ensuring support organizations provide sufficient support.
- updating and writing assigned operating procedures as required.
- provide front line supervision of technical projects and perform observation and coaching.
Work closely with MPF management and OPEX Representatives to ensure:
- unplanned events are communicated to MPF Operations staff and the Facility Authority in accordance with the FA and procedures.
- corrective actions are completed in a timely manner; and personal targets for numbers of ImpActs raised are met.
Take on roles as assigned in aiding Engineering Support Personnel to:
- plan and implement upgrades and facility improvements as required and in accordance with change control requirements.
- ensure these proposed changes are practical from a production viewpoint.
- ensure change projects can be implemented with a minimum of production interruption.
Is familiar with the requirements of the MPF Conduct of Operations procedures and works in compliance with these procedures.
Support the Facility Safety Representative to ensure that facility safety is considered in all technical projects.
Support the Facility Health Physicist to ensure that radiation protection is considered in all technical projects.
Work with the Manager, Section Heads and the Facility QA representative to ensure that conduct of operations procedures are followed.
- A minimum of 2 years of Engineering experience.
- Knowledge of engineering codes, standards and regulations.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills, including the ability to develop a collaborative team oriented to work in accordance with prescribed procedures.
- Knowledge of project management methodology (Initiate/Plan/Execute/Control & Monitor/Closeout).
- Good judgment and communication skills (oral and written).
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member and to respond to challenging schedule demands.
- Proven ability to manage the execution of multiple projects, determine priorities, and adapt to emergent technical issues.
- Proven ability to provide technical support for maintenance and changes to facility systems, structures and components.
- Proven ability to provide leadership and technical support to resolve operational and production issues.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions that affect the day-to-day safe operation of the facility in consultation with support personnel and the Section Head (Facility Manager) when required.
- Proven ability to provide coaching and observation of peers, Nuclear Operators, Isotope Technicians and Trades working in the facility and will carry out additional supervisory responsibilities when acting as the Production Engineer or Facility Manager.
- The Operations Specialist is an MPF contact for a number of MPF support personnel including the trades, the Facility Safety representative, facility health physicist, facility quality representative, procurement, and engineering support personnel.
- Proven ability to write quality technical reports.
- Proven ability to routinely and effectively communicate with the Facility Manager, the Production Engineer and support staff, including the Nuclear Operators, Isotope Technicians, RP Support Staff, Trades, Maintenance planning staff, and Project and Engineering staff. Communication with other company service providers, Compliance program staff, internal regulatory committee management and contractors may also be required on occasion.
- Proven ability to manage assigned projects within allotted budget and schedule requirements, and monitor/report on project performance metrics to ISRP and PNL.
- Ability to wear a respirator in emergency situations is required.
- Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, hazardous conditions or unusual production demands
- Ability to perform a variety of duties and tasks without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Bachelor (Honours) or Masters or PH.D in Engineering or Science from a university of recognized standing or membership in an engineering or scientific professional organization authorized by statute to establish qualification for membership in that organization.
You must quote Job #1938 on all related correspondence.
Full Job List
Adventis Company Website