Decommissioning Field Specialist
Location: Pembroke Area
www.adventisnuclearpersonnel.com is looking for a Decommissioning Field Specialist to provide oversight of changes in the field during implemenation activities.Responsibilities
- Provide oversight of changes in the field during the implementation activities in the decommissioning portfolio.
- Prepare detailed decommissioning work packages, technical documents, work scopes, procedures, estimates and schedules in support of decommissioning projects.
- Provide innovative solutions to decommissioning and waste management challenges.
- Perform field walk downs to verify status of facilities against documented plans.
- Coordinate and monitor services provided to Decommissioning by external suppliers.
- Participate or lead Pre/Post Job reviews.
Assist in developing project work packages, including, deliverables, budgets and schedules.
- Interface with design participants, operations engineers, technical staff and nuclear operators and obtain technical input, as required, to meet Project and Client requirements.
- Ensure that deliverables meet the quality objectives of the project and ensure deliverables are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Identify, assess and initiate changes to approved design, work scope, budgets and schedules following applicable change control processes.
- Travel to external suppliers, as required, to effectively execute the implementation phases of the project.
- 8 years experience resulting in a sound knowledge of construction & civil design experience.
- Sound knowledge of the National Building Code and National Fire Code and other relevant codes and standards used in the design, construction, and decommissioning of nuclear and non-nuclear facilities.
- Experience in operations, maintenance and decommissioning of nuclear facilities and associated fields will be considered.
- Sound knowledge of radiation protection principles would be an asset.
- Experienced in dealing with engineering contractors.
- Good interpersonal and oral and technical writing skills are required to interact with team members.
- Bachelor (Honours) degree in engineering or applied science from a university of recognized standing OR Member of a provincial professional engineering association or registered in PEO Engineer Internship Training Program.
You must quote Job #1973 on all related correspondence.
Full Job List
Adventis Company Website