www.adventis.ca is looking for a CNC Programmer / Machinist to develop new and maintain existing programs and tooling requirements to meet defined objectives.Responsibilities
- Required to develop new and maintain existing programs and tooling requirements to meet defined objectives
- Perform offline programming in EdgeCAM, and edit programs on CNC machines using G-Code
- Produce Solid Models from Engineering drawings using Solidworks CAD software
- Setup and run close tolerance parts +/- .0005" or better on a variety of stainless and nickel alloys (Mostly 17-4PH, 410, Inconel 600, 718 & X750)
- Consistently and efficiently produce error free machined parts by implementing in-machine part probing
- Complete in-process and final checks using gauges and measuring equipment
- Accurately machine close tolerance parts in 5-axis (Mori Seiki NMV3000 and Mazak Variaxis 500-5X).
- Accurately machine close tolerance parts on lathes with live tooling and sub-spindle (Okuma LU300, Nakamura SC250, Puma 700L and Garautu G50x)
- Select tooling, feed rates, cutting speeds and fixturing for effective production of quality parts
- Work with minimum supervision on jobs requiring an advanced skill level
- Solve problems and work with Quality Control to ensure that tolerances comply with drawings
- Work with Engineering and fellow machinists to eliminate repeated rejections and improve productivity
- Train operators to ensure they understand and carry out the required jobs successfully
- Operate overhead cranes and forklift trucks in a competent and safe manner
- Be accountable to Plant Manager and provide accurate machining estimates when required
- The qualified candidate must have 10+ years of full time experience related to the responsibilities defined above.
- Previous experience with 5-axis programming/machining and long lathe turning of thin walled parts is an asset.
- Completed a general machinist apprenticeship program or equivalent
- Knowledge of machining principles, tooling, fixturing and tool setup for CNC machining
- Program in EdgeCAM, G-code and Mazatrol
- Proficient in reading and interpreting Engineering drawings
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Proficient in the use of measuring equipment including micrometers, vernier calipers, height gauges, depth gauges, pin gauges and dial indicators
- Previous experience in Lean and Six Sigma is preferred
- Related degree or diploma.
You must quote Job #2033 on all related correspondence.
Full Job List
Adventis Company Website